Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Excellent Wives Club

A few of us got together to read through Martha Peace's book The Excellent Wife. We appropriately named ourselves the Excellent Wives Club and of course have reached our full potential as wives. Just kidding - that is why me meet - to encourage and exhort each other to honor God and our husbands. I love this group! Moving makes it hard for me to join them on a regular basis, but I soak up whatever moments I get with them.

I was able to have dinner with them last night and talk about what the Lord is teaching us through the new book, Calm My Anxious Heart. Linda Dillow, the author, encouraged us to think about "being content with me." Psalm 139 reminds us that we are fearfully and wonderfully made and the works of the Lord are wonderful! Oh how I need to remember that often throughout the day. It is easy to slip into "if only..." and wish something we different about me. I'm thankful for the humility in this group in and the willingness to share how the sin of anxiety manifests itself in our lives.

So who are these fabulous ladies?!? Melissa Matthews - my sweet sister, Michelle Gutierrez and Stacy Kalub - treasured friends. I love you all and look forward to being able to spend time with you again!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I love you too my friend and am so encouraged by your honesty and continual teachability as you sit under God's Word.

Melissa said...

Sister I love you, and treasure every moment you get to spend with us chatting about the joys and trials. You are such a faithful woman, and I praise the Lord for you! Every time we are together I learn from your humility and graceful wisdom.