Saturday, March 23, 2013

Sugar and Spice


IT'S A GIRL!!!!

We found out a couple of weeks ago we are going to be adding a little sugar and spice to our family.  I have to say I was a little surprised.  My pregnancy has been so similar to Cooper's that I just assumed it was another boy...which I was totally excited for.  But to find out we were having a girl was such a welcomed surprise!  This was a new experience for us since we were surprised with Cooper.

Here is how it all went down.

At 16 weeks I went to the Doctor for a regular appointment and he had said at my previous appointment that he would take a look to see if we could tell boy or girl.  Well, Matt couldn't make that appointment...so we developed a plan.  We would have the Doc write it down on a notecard.  Then when I got back to the house my Mom was going to look at the notecard and give me the correct "gift" that she had wrapped and ready to go.  Matt and I had planned a date night to one of our favorite restaurants to open the package and being dreaming about our new addition.

Well our perfect plan was foiled!!
The Little Miss had the cord between her legs so Dr Frields wasn't able to tell.

We would have to wait.
** Sure Lord, I'll wait on you and your perfect time **

I scheduled my 2nd trimester ultrasound..you know..the big one where they measure everything...as quickly as possible! We would only have to wait 2 more weeks! It gave me a renewed appreciation for technology and that we even had the opportunity to find out what the Lord had blessed our family with.  This time Matt was able to make it, so we just decided to let the Doctor tell us. Our girl was cooperative and gave us a good view of her face as well as the rest of her.  Below are some of the shots from the 4D ultrasound. 





We still opened the correct gift my Mom had picked up weeks before.  Our little girl had her first dress. Precious!



We decided her name will be Reagan Jean.  
Years ago on our honeymoon we chose two names.  

Cooper and Reagan 

I prayed for them and imagined what they would be like. And now, almost 7 years later, they are part of our family!  Crazy!  

Reagan: in honor of former President Ronald Reagan, one of Matt's heroes
Jean: in honor of our Moms - Melinda Jean and Debra Jean

 **Thank you Lord for blessing my quiver with 2 arrows.  I am in total awe of your kindness **


1 comment:

HollyB said...

Oh, Jenny. You are so beautiful, and so is your family. Jesus spills out of you - it makes me smile. :-) xoxoxo from HollyB