Tuesday, February 5, 2013

2 Dream Jobs and a SWEET Wife


Everyone always looks for a "dream job."  It's that job that makes you smile your entire drive to the office.  That job that you can't stop talking about when you get together with friends.  That job you'll never leave because you can't imagine doing anything more rewarding or fulfilling with the skills God gave you.

Over the past two years, I've had the privilege of starting TWO jobs that fit that "dream job" description.

Cooper joins Daddy for lunch at the office
  1. I started a job at Disney.  When I tell people I work at Disney, most folks respond "That's so perfect for you!"  And they're right.  It's almost as if the job was created just for me to do.  The work is challenging, the people are encouraging, and the company provides vast opportunities for me to learn and grow.
  2. I started a job as a Dad.  No doubt, this is the best of my two new jobs.  When I look at my beautiful son, I am immediately reminded of how blessed I am to be a father.  I'm also reminded of my shortcomings, which challenges me to be a better man.  This is a serious job, but one that has brought tremendous joy to my life.
My two dream jobs intersected yesterday when Cooper came for a visit to my office.  It was so much fun to watch him walk around and see where I spend so much of my time.  I look forward to the day when I get to visit him at his office, and hope I’m doing a good job of teaching him how a strong work ethic is pleasing to the Lord. 

Yesterday also reminded me of one very critical factor in being successful in my dream jobs: MY SWEET WIFE!  She enables me to devote plenty of time to my work at Disney, talks though difficult decisions to help me ensure I’m always doing the right thing, challenges me to be a better father, supports my role as the leader of our household, and (most importantly) loves me in spite of my mistakes.

I’m grateful that I’m married to a woman who so clearly exhibits the woman of Proverbs 31.  She’s awesome and exceptional and I love her more than I can sometimes believe.
So, I’ve hijacked her blog to let you all know.  Thanks for listening.


2 comments:

Jenny said...

My husband is the best!! This was such a sweet surprise!

Jon and Lola said...

How sweet!!! What a great praise! rejoicing in God's blessings in your life.