Monday, January 14, 2013

Cooper John - 18 months old

One and a half! Really? 
I know I sound like every other Mama watching their baby grow and saying "I can't believe it.  It has gone by so fast!"  

But really it has.  Really.  

This little guy has brought us so much joy and happiness it is unreal!  He keeps me energized (most of the time...exhausted at other times), he has made me more social, brought me to my knees in desperate prayer, made me more aware of sin (mine and his), made me laugh, reminded me of God's amazing ability to design, taken so many of my kisses, melted my heart over and over, and given me another purpose in the life God has granted me.   

So what have we done since June when he turned ONE and I posted last about his growth and accomplishments?  A TON!  I'll break it down for you.  

  
He started walking at just under 14 months.  Everywhere he walked some sort of car of tractor would come with him.  We have joked the Cooper has more cars that we do and needs his own garage!


He spent a week with Grammie and Gramps while Matt and I went to New Mexico with church for High School summer camp.  He didn't even know we were gone!  Here he is at one of the many trips he took to the water park with his cousins.


He learned to color and loves it!  He asks all the time to color.  Maybe a budding artist?


We all survived a 5 hour plane trip to Hawaii to vacation with the Poladian family and soaked up every minute of sun and sand we could get while we were there.  Cooper LOVES to be outside. This was the best week of his life.  Outside. all day. every day!  I loved it because he was so tired he took some of the best naps of his life!  And I got to lay on a lounge chair and read while he did...ahhh! During our trip we dropped the second nap and went to just one a day. As soon as we got home we said good bye to the pacifier.  That's a lot of growing up for one week but our guy did really well! 




He drove his first tractor (not really) and ran through his first pumpkin patch (last year we did a fake one)! One of Cooper's first and favorite words was "tractor" making this a very fun day for him.  He still speaks often about tractors and gets really excited when we see them.  The Lord has been gracious in allowing construction to be going on all over the place around our house (and even in front of our house) which means a LOT of tractor sightings.  The men are very friendly and don't seem to mind that we sit and watch them work.  Maybe a future in construction?




Some other noteworthy accomplishments!

This boy talks!  Definitely his father's son! He has so many words and communicates really well.  Some of the cutest things he says? I'm glad you asked!
"bulldoder" bulldozer - open shut (when he wants you to open something) - "I wuv you" I love you - "oowie" Louie - tractor (clear as day) - "coer" color - "Pooper" Cooper (working hard on getting this one right!) - HI! (he has the sweetest Hi! So loud and with such gusto.  It makes everyone smile). This is the short list.  He will repeat just about anything you say.  I get such a kick out of his little voice!

He is so social.  He has no problem joining a group or walking up to people.  He has pushed me to start more conversations with other mom's at the park or friendly people at the grocery store just because he walked up and said "HI!"

He has gained such confidence with climbing, jumping, swinging, sliding and other activities since we joined My Gym.  Coach Rosie is so sweet and he loves to go "pay" play with the other kids. 

He is a little man with a little personality that we look forward to learning more about and watching develop.  He is testing boundaries and learning to be patient.  He is learning that having a bad attitude doesn't get him what he wants.  He is developing a sense of humor through playful interactions. He learned the word "obey." He likes when we pray with him. 

He is growing up.

Cooper John.  I wuv you.


3 comments:

Lucia Metcalf said...

cutie pie

Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt said...

Well put, Sweet Wife! So thankful for the way you admire and appreciate the little things in life--particularly our little man. :)