While at Compass Bible Church I was part of the women's bible study that met weekly to study God's Word. We have been studying the book of Proverbs to gain true wisdom rather than knowledge that comes from the world. 2 Peter 1:3 tells us "His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence." We have everything we need in scripture!
I was so enriched by my time there and was bummed to leave in the middle of the year. I decided to continue on with the study and tune in online weekly to hear the message. I desperately miss the small group time, but I am thankful to hear the message and "chat" with the other people watching from home.
The last two messages were so encouraging to my heart that I wanted to share. They are on instructing your child and disciplining them. Pastor Mike and his wife Carlynn lead the discussion together and are so clear with what the bible tells us, as parents, is our responsibility.
Watch these messages.
You won't be disappointed.
Each is about 1.5 hours but you could split it up into 4 mornings. Watch even if you don't have kids, or if they are older, or if you are a grandparent....
The message on discipline focuses on what the bible says about disciplining your children and then goes into some very specific application. So helpful for this Mama just starting out! The second on instruction goes into directing your child's heart, mind and body. There is an extensive book list that I can email to you if you are interested (they go through them too fast to write it all down). I immediately started an Amazon.com wish list for Cooper John with a bunch of books and decided it will be all he asks for his birthday and christmas this year! Build the kid's library with good books that will set his feet on solid ground! I feel equipped and better prepared to train my little arrow to fly straight after watching these.
The links are below. Again - watch them!
Then call me so we can talk about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment