Here he is! Our little peanut at 4 months.
I was looking back at previous months pictures and can't believe how different he is. Oh my...he is growing up. I'm fighting the temptation to go into his room and stop him from growing. Not too hard to fight - I can't do it! And I'm reminded of my resolution to embrace the growing and not resist it.
So anyway...With the turning of 4 months came Cooper's very first cold. I took these pictures of my sickie so I didn't capture as many smiles as I would have liked. I'll have to do another set when he is fully recovered. He is stuffy and coughing. I have the humidifier on full force. We stayed up snuggling and rocking. All things I pictured would happen when he got sick.
A long time ago I identified that I am not very compassionate. I asked the Lord for help and slowly over time He has changed me. I cry easily now and I feel deeply for others. Making me a Mama has increased my compassion exponentially. The Lord allowed me to put all other things aside and care for my sick child without any thought to what I needed.
It makes me think about what the Lord has done for me..a sinner..a sick sinner.
Because of God's compassion (which is far greater than mine) He sent his Son to heal the sick. Our sin is too great for us to care for on our own and God, in his mercy, created a way for our sins to be forgiven - for us to be healed. I am so thankful for the gift of salvation through the death of Christ.
"My chains are gone.
I've been set free.
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
and like a flood his mercy rains
unending love, amazing grace"
Chris Tomlin, Amazing Grace
onto the babe...
He found his feet and grabs for them often
He holds his head up really well during tummy time
I am in love with his backside..so cute and squishy
He gnaws on everything! Even his own arm.
Mama's favorite thing the last month!
The swing has helped us learn to nap for longer periods of time.
Trying really hard to turn over! He almost has it!
An old pro at tummy time
Excited to see what the next month will bring!





No comments:
Post a Comment