We have BIG and EXCITING news!!
Cooper says..."My Dad is going to work for the Mouse!"
..and now the story
...as the Poladian family continues on this journey we call life, we are about to take a turn. Or a veering in the road. Either way we are heading in a new direction...the one that takes us right back where we started from. Interesting how it has happened. If you will allow me, I would love to share yet another way the Lord has molded me, stretched me and shaped our family.
(Ha! You have to allow me..it's my blog!)
It happened quickly, as it usually does when the Lord is about to ask something of us. Matt came home from work, casually talked about his day and then said, "oh yeah, I have an interview with Disney this week." I have trained myself to say in my head "ok Lord! I trust you" when Matt says things like this..because he does this to me often...before I say anything aloud. That way I have a joyful response to whatever his news is. And believe me, my heart lept because we have been praying about his job situation and Disney is such a great company, but my head tells me to be patient, trust and not get too ahead of myself. So the phone interview turned into an in person interview, which turned into another interview, which turned into a job offer! All within a couple of weeks.
So I know what you are thinking...where is the stretching? Sounds like a blessing that came easy?
Well, saying yes to Disney means change. transition. moving. All things I don't do well. On my own that is. Every ounce of me likes to cling to familiar, hold on tightly and not let go. In the past this has led to discontentment and a complete lack of joy in my heart. I am determined to change well this time. To cling to my Savior instead of the temporal. To find joy in the journey and not let it be stolen by circumstances. Please don't get me wrong. There are so many blessings in this new job. It is such a great opportunity for Matt in his career. We can move back to be closer to family. We have friends that are treasures this side of eternity already there. We have an amazing church to plug into and receive great teaching.
But it also means leaving an amazing church, friends and ministry that we have grown to love deeply. Our friends here have prayed with us through infertility, rejoiced with us and served us when Cooper arrived, helped us move, encouraged us in our faith and most of all loved us like we are called to as Christians.
As you can see..this news is two fold.
But in all things we give thanks and praise to the Lord for what He has done. It is good.
{pray for me please}

4 comments:
Yay! So exciting! ) Praying for the transition :)
God never leaves us in our comfort zone it seems, always challenging us to grow. I will pray that we can all see God in this new challenge for your guys' lives, as we'll all be going through it one way or another :)
So happy for you! Congrats! Will be praying for u
How exciting Jenny!! If you need help moving when the time comes, let me know! :)
Post a Comment