Friday, September 17, 2010

My sweet husband!

He took the time to contact family and friends, have them send a photo and a phrase or message about me, formatted them into these cute cards, purchased a serving piece from my favorite set, and arranged to have it sitting in the center of our table at dinner...all because I turned 30!
***
LOVE HIM!
***
So, do I have thoughts about entering another decade? Sure. I have all sorts of questions and wonder about what the next 10 years will hold. The events of the last 10 were pretty spectacular. I graduated from college, purchased my first truck, earned my teaching credential, taught 5th grade, married a pretty great guy, sold the truck, was baptized, found out I had cancer, endured 2 surgeries, moved to a new city, got a new job, cancer gone (Praise God!), travelled, and became an aunt to name just a few.

But really I hope in the next 10 years my faith grows stronger, I memorize more scripture, have more conversations that matter, pray better, serve more, give often and fix my eyes on the author and perfecter of my faith. All that I have and all that I experience, be it challenging or easy, is because He chose the path for me. So the next 10 years will be exactly what they are supposed to be to. My job is to pursue holiness with everything in me. Pray for me.

4 comments:

HollyB said...

Oh, Jennie, I adore you! May God's grace saturate your soul and bless your body! xoxoxoxo HollyB

pchangulous said...

Happy Birthday Jenny! Psalm 37:4..Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart!

pchangulous said...

Happy Birthday Jenny! Psalm 37:4..Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart!

Amrena Skye said...

Happy Birthday, Jenny!