I decided to make cookies one afternoon for two reasons.
1) I like cookies
2) This recipe I found contains my FAVORITE candy
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!!
I got a new camera for my birthday and I am trying to learn a thing or two so I took a bunch of pictures of the cookie escapade. Plus, I knew I would love them and would want to post the recipe and pictures always make a post more fun (Random fact - one time I was quoted in the newspaper saying "funner" and I was told MANY times that "funner" is not a word. So now I always make sure I say "more fun"...oh, I was in 3rd grade.).
So here it is!
All the cookie ingredients! Look at that pile of delicious cups!
You use a whole 12 oz bag :) mmmmm. Never mind the stick of butter...
The recipe - I was trying to be artsy! Ha!
Here comes my commercial...
Look at these cookies! What I didn't take a picture of was the bottoms - no burnt bottoms here. Want to know why?? I used the SILPAT! A fabulous invention that lets you say good-bye to burnt bottom cookies! They plumped up and looked great!
This on the other hand was my baking sheet without the SILPAT. I only have one and I wanted to put both sheets in at one time. Call me impatient, but I would have thought my non-stick Calphalon cookie sheet would have done a better job. (It did come off really easily - so Calphalon is still pretty high on my list) None-the-less, I was so impressed with my SILPAT that I immediately put another one on my Amazon wish list. If you are looking for a good Christmas gift for someone (maybe me ;) they are at Bed Bath and Beyond for a mere $19.99 and you can use a 20% off. Great deal!!
End of commercial...
Delicious.
The Recipe
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temp
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 12oz package Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, coarsely chopped
--> Heat oven to 375. Line baking sheets with parchment paper (or a SILPAT). In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt
--> Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until creamy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat to combine. Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated. Fold in the peanut butter cups.
--> Drop tablespoon size mounds of dough 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake until light brown around he edges 12-15 minutes. Transfer to a baking rack to cool.
Pour a glass of milk and enjoy.
(Recipe from Real Simple)
1 comment:
I love the idea of Reeses in cookies and I love the Poladians for creating a blog which give recipes that I would love.
Love,
Andrew
Post a Comment