This was new. I've had bags come in late before, but they magically arrive in the middle of the night and are waiting for me when I rise. This time was different. I was that girl again, waiting at the baggage claim carousel thinking "am I in the right place?" Matt had gone to get the car and I was put in charge of the bag. I wandered between three different carousels, every time a new red light flashed and made that awful noise I would hurry over like one of Pavlov's dogs. Soon I found myself in the Southwest Baggage Claim office with a handful of other fliers and filed the report. Missing. "I'm sure it will come in later today" the attendant said with such assurance that I felt comforted. Well, that was Saturday and today is Wednesday and they still have no idea where it is. They called yesterday to say they were actively looking for it. What does that mean? Are they walking the tarmac and scouring the baggage claims of airports across America. I doubt it, but the gesture was appreciated. So a few lessons learned from this experience:1. Carry your jewelry with you, especially if it is the pearls you got for your engagement
2. Carry your medication with you, especially if it replaces a necessary hormone that your missing thyroid used to produce
3. oh..just carry it all whenever possible :)
Bigger and more important lesson learned: it is all STUFF! I am not allowed to enter heaven with it, so why fret that I don't have it now. The bible doesn't say I can bring one bag with me with everything I hold dear...no, it says in Matthew 6:19-20 " Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal." At least on my way to heaven I won't have to worry about whether or not my bag gets there...
3 comments:
Ahhh! I am so sorry that happened to you guys! I pray they do find them soon .
What an outstanding perspective from my Sweet Wife! I agree--but it took me longer to realize it. I'm thankful for a calm woman to stand by my side during frustrations large or small.
"Mama said there would be days like this, days like this my Mama said!" Sing a song, what more can we do. It would be fantastic to have it returned and see where it got to go. Sorry luvs, but your perspective it great, as usual! Loving you both ~ mama
Post a Comment