
Today I’m thankful for technology. I was able to attend a funeral in Washington DC from my living room in Irvine. The funeral was broadcast over the internet so that those of us far away could attend.
Carol Marshall was an amazing woman. She was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in the early part of this year and on Monday she saw our Savior face to face. She will be greatly missed here, but I’m comforted to know that she is complete, made whole in Christ and no longer in pain. She is experiencing the riches of heaven and the Lord in all his glory. Her life was well lived and she was fervent in telling others about salvation in Christ. I am confident she heard the words “well done good and faithful servant upon standing in the presence of the Lord. I want to be like her.
Carol had placed her faith in Christ. She accepted that He died for her sins and that they were forgiven because of his shed blood. She lived a life worthy of the call and placed her trust in Him. When the cancer started to take over, she didn’t worry because she knew the Lord had a plan for her life and He was in control. When she was experiencing pain, she drew close to the Lord for comfort. When she was scared, she went to scripture and found peace in the Word of God. That is a life worthy of the call. It wasn’t just for Carol. It is for you to, whoever may be reading this that doesn’t know Christ. He died so that all sins would be forgiven. Jesus took on the weight of the world and paid the penalty so we wouldn’t have to..because we never could. We are all sinners, we have been separated from God, but by his grace, through faith we can have a right relationship with him. Place your trust in Christ and allow Him to change you the way he changed Carol. You can have assurance that when you depart from this world you will stand before the savior and he will welcome you in and not send you away.
2 comments:
How beautiful
What an honor you have done for Carol. I don't think it can be said any better. Her legacy is one to aspire to not because of her successes, but because of her love for Christ. I am in awe of our Savior as I look back over the fond memories I have of Carol too, realizing how he wove her into all of our lives for his greater purpose. xoxo
Post a Comment