Tuesday, June 9, 2009

He Carries a Bible and a Shovel

A couple of weeks ago at church we had Chris Mueller come and preach. What a great message on marriage! You can hear it by clicking here. At the end he talks about a man who carries a bible and a shovel. He is a person who lives by the Word of God and works hard.

Matt carries a bible and a shovel! It was such a great thing for me to sit and realize that I have been blessed with a husband that exhibits what our pastor was talking about. Matt reads the bible daily and we often talk about what it means to us, we have lengthy conversations about the Lord's plan for our lives and what we have been learning about our faith through life experiences. Matt fosters a love for Christ in our home and I'm so thankful! He also works hard! He is driven to do well, always putting forth his best effort and never satisfied with just enough to get by. He is not lazy and values the time he has been given.

Another reason I love Matt! His bible and his shovel!

1 comment:

Chiara said...

So glad I found your blog! I added it to our family's blog list of favorites. That sermon was GREAT, and God is amazing to send us husbands that hold a shovel and a Bible. I am so thankful! Happy birtday week, Matt!