Chicken
Mango Papaya Salsa
That's it! No joke! You can also add chunks of pinapple if it suits your fancy. I pour the carton (from Trader Joes fresh salsa section) of salsa over the chicken (I used a whole carton for 4 to 5 chicken breasts, depending on how large they are) and bake for 30 minutes. When it was done baking I shreaded the chicken leaving it in the salsa - now the twofer...
Meal One - Tacos!
Add anything you would like to your tacos - suggestions below:
corn or flour tortillas
blackened corn
brown rice
lettuce
cilantro
**Matt said it doesn't need cheese - I didn't forget it!
Meal Two - Chicken Salad
put the shreaded chicken over lettuce
some added treats could be:
jicama - I really like jicama
corn
cucumber
I have to give credit where credit is due...the chicken and salsa idea came from the Trader Joe's cookbook, but I made it into tacos and salad! Let me know if you have other suggestions with what to do with the 2 ingredient chicken dish.
Enjoy!
5 comments:
I bought the salsa yesterday from TJ's and I can't wait to try it out! Thanks for the tip Jenny!
She's not lying that these are very yummy recipes!!
I want to know how it is you let cilantro sneak into the things to add... What have you done with my sister?
I know! Cilantro doesn't make my stomach happy! But I thought others might like it!! We skip the cliantro in the Poladian house!
I used ground turkey meat and put it on a salad! Easy, yummy and light!
Post a Comment