Monday, June 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Matt week!

It's Matt's birthday on Thursday, so I thought I'd blog daily about how wonderful he is!

There are MANY great things about my husband, but today I am especially thankful for how he loves to laugh. When I was a kid and people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up - my answer was simple and easy. I want to be a comedian. Really, it wasn't because I was super funny or even liked to be in the spotlight in fact I hated being in the spotlight, but it was because I loved being around people laughing. And what other job allows you to hang out with laughing people, but a comedian. See, I was logical even as a small child. Now I see the Lord was gracious to give me a husband who would laugh all the time, because He definitely did not create me to be on stage with Seinfeld.

So back to Matt - It is great to live with someone who finds everything funny. He can laugh with all of his might at the simplest thing. It is a fun and contagious laugh too. It reminds me to not take things so seriously and really enjoy life. That seems so cliche, but Matt really enjoys life. He loves to be around people, he loves to be witty and say something funny, he loves to laugh when I say something funny (or ridiculous), he loves to laugh at other peoples jokes and gets a kick out of just about anything!

Share a Matt laughing story by leaving a comment if you would like!

Happy Birthday Love! Thanks for bringing joy into my life!

3 comments:

Julie Gebhards said...

We love you Matt! Okay, so I will never forget (and I always remind you) when Matt fell on the slopes and Kurt and I bumped into him. He was laughing, telling us how he couldn't get up, and "something popped" in his knee. I didn't know Matt really well then, but brushed it off because that laugh and huge smile indicated to me that there couldn't possibly be something wrong... ha! I was stunned when I saw him the next week at church with crutches, talking about his upcoming surgery!

Debbie said...

We are excited to say that we love our "son"-in-law because he does make Jenny and the rest of us laugh. They are one happy couple!Happy Birthday Matthew ~ Peps and Pops

HollyB said...

oh, how i love to listen to matt's laugh, also! i especially love the story of accidentally having picked matt's nose at hume lake; it really was an accident! and matthew still laughs about it!:-)

matthew avedick and jenny terese cooper poladian - i adore you! you are beautiful and filled with the Spirit of God, and i am fortunate to know you! may the LORD bless you indeed! xoxoxoxoxoxo from hollyb :-)