Monday, October 7, 2013

Reagan Jean :: One Month


We made it! A month zipped by so fast it was incredible.  

I was wondering if I would remember what to do. Did I know how to swaddle? How to bathe an infant? Was I too rusty to remember how to pack a diaper bag? Well, it's like riding a bike.  It felt normal and routine..familiar.  I loved it!

In some ways it felt like Reagan had always been part of our family. It was hard to remember life without her.  In other ways her newness was so obvious and I wanted to savor every minute of it.  I was taken back to when Cooper was a newborn and I would often get such a full heart it felt like I was going to explode. There is something so amazing about a new baby. I am in awe of our Creator and the work He does to intricately form us. Then to be able to have so much love for someone in an instant is also a work of the Lord! 

So what did the Little Miss do during her first month in our home?  Eating and sleeping. Cuddling and smooching. Eating and sleeping. Oowing and Ahhing. And more eating and sleeping.  She had her first outing just days home from the hospital when we took her out to my work meeting.  She met a lot of family and friends. She went to Descanso Gardens to celebrate my birthday and to LAX to watch the planes for Gramps' birthday.  She had her first check-up and her first Sunday at church. She went to Costco and work meetings with Mama. She went to her first bridal shower for our cousin Lauren and her first birthday party.  The girl hit the ground running!! She liked to eat every 2 hours during the day and was getting up every 2 hours during the middle of the night. We were a little sleepy her first month of life!  

Sweet Reagan Jean, our hearts filled to overflowing when you came along. We praise the Lord for your life and allowing you to be ours during our time here on Earth.  We have loved watching you change daily and enjoy little glimpses of what we think your personality is like. We can’t wait to see it grow and deepen as you do.  We pray for your salvation.  That if you understand anything in this life it is that Jesus loved you so much that He gave His life for you.  That you might experience God’s grace and receive forgiveness for your sins. That you would love God’s Word and desire to become a woman who reflects Christ in all you say and do.  We are your biggest fans – sitting front row and cheering the loudest as your journey begins.  

- Photos from the past month -




This elephant was mine as a baby and I loved it!
Reagan will too even though she looks a little frightened of it!


Your brother couldn't hold you enough


Some of your visitors









Your first bath - you were not a fan


 Your first photo shoot (more to come on that one)




Celebrating Mama's birthday with a delicious breakfast and trip to Descanso Gardens


more brother love



No comments: