Friday, April 27, 2012

Cooper John 10 months

As I write this post I can't help but think ahead.  I know I am supposed to think back over the month and write about our guy's new developments .. and I will ... but for the moment I am feeling sentimental. 

I set out to write about Cooper each month for the first year of his life and then planned to do periodic updates from there.  Do you realize that means I only have TWO more months after this one to write about?!?! I have looked forward to each post with anticipation of being able to report how He has grown but as each one comes I also fight the feelings of desperately wanting him to stay small. And inevitably I engage in some self talk that goes something like this..."let him go Jenny. He belongs to the God of the Universe who can take much better care of him than you can. Enjoy every moment of his growing or you are going to miss it because you were holding on too tightly to what has gone."

Someone should call me the day he turns ONE and make sure I am not in denial that the day has come and am actually celebrating his birthday...

Onto month TEN! 
This has been a fun month.  The guy has really started interacting with his environment and it is so fun to watch!

TEETH! We finally have teeth..two cute ones on the bottom.
He points to the toys he wants in the bath tub.  
He (slowly) responds to things like "put Sofie in Mama's hand." 
He recognizes people (and dogs) and definitely has his favorites (his Papa and Louie). 
He is an official cruiser!  
He can pull up on anything...Mama's legs, the sliding door, the couch. 
He walks holding our hands albeit wobbly and his footing is not sure. 
He dances and it melts my heart.
He is slowly crossing over from pureed to finger food...and I mean slowly..the guy loves his purees.
He loves cherrios and mum mums.
He (and I) survived his first hair cut.
He figured out how to pull himself up in his crib and now stands up with a big smile waiting for us to come get him.
and the big one for the month...he said his first word!

Well at least we think it was his first.  Here is what happened.

I was standing chatting with my mom and he crawled right over to me and said "Mama." Clear as day. My mom heard it too.  I looked at her and said "Did you hear that? Do you think he meant it!?" It has happened a few times since also!  So sweet to hear his little voice say Mama.

Then about a week later I was showing him a picture of him and Matt on my phone and he said "Dada!"

We are calling it a tie..his first words..Mama and Dada!!

And now the photos..the best part really!



If I thought 9 months was hard to get pictures...I had no idea!



What is this thing she put on me..get it off!













Trying to get pictures is exhausting..looks like it only took one of us down though..


Grateful for 10 months full of LIFE!

No comments: