I'll admit. I didn't get it. I had a "what's the big deal kind of attitude"...
Well, now I get it.
We took Cooper for his FIRST HAIR CUT today. (Do I need to say any more?!?!)
I made the appointment. It was MY idea. I didn't get it. Don't worry, I didn't break down into sobbing hysterics, but I kind of wanted to. My baby grew up x100 between 12:15 and 12:30 today. He went from BABY to BOY before my eyes. Wait, I can get even more dramatic if you want me to. The same hairs from his sweet little head that he was born with are now on the floor and being swept into the trash! OK. I'll stop. But I totally get it now.
Once I got over myself, I realized that Cooper was doing great! He was so still and very interested in what Susan was doing. He cried when she got out the clippers to cut around his ears. I didn't blame him. It would scare me too. She asked if I wanted gel.. I said no. She asked if I wanted it styled with spikes like his dad... I said no. Didn't she know I was doing everything I could just to keep it together! Don't make it worse by putting grown up gel in his hair!
As for me...I'm sure I'll recover soon, but I'm going to miss seeing that disheveled, unruly head poking up at me when I go in to get him from his naps. We might wait awhile for the next one.
I'll spare you having to look at the 50+ photos I took in a matter of 15 minutes. Here are a few of my favorites and of course, the finished product.
The before. Looks like I could use a hair cut also!
The first snip
Those darn clippers
All Done!
Sigh... another opportunity to let go.
It's ok if I shed a few tears along the way... right?
4 comments:
SO SO handsome!!!
Ahhh! I almost cried reading this! I gave both my boys cuts today & it was painful even now!
oh yes friend, I know those feelings well :) sweet post!
what a cutie!
Post a Comment