Monday, March 19, 2012

Cooper John 9 months

9 months. 3/4 of a year. He's been around as long as I was pregnant (if you don't count the 4 early weeks of pregnancy). Another milestone and another month of incredible growth.  This month I am in utter amazement of what this boy is learning to do.  

How does he know what to do next???? 

I am baffled. 
  
I have found a new admiration for creation and the God who designed it all.

So last month he started crawling.  From there he learned to push himself up to a sitting position when he wanted a break from the crawling. Then he started pulling himself up on things!  It all happened in a matter of weeks.  

How does he know what to do next??? 

Still baffled. 

But totally in love with watching him figure it all out.  

He approaches these new skills with such determination.  He has a sense of freedom with his newfound skills too.  And boy is he brave!  He pulls up without any reservation of possibly falling over.  He goes for things out of his reach without fear of losing balance.  He looks over the edge of the chair at his toys below and is ready to dive down and get them. He crawls down the hall and into rooms looking for us if we have left the room he was in.  Not afraid.  I wouldn't mind if he was just a little more cautious.  But the Lord is giving me another avenue to say "I have placed this precious boy into your hands Lord and I trust You."  

Other fun tidbits about the boy this month.  

He started clapping the day he turned 9 months.  He was on his changing table and just started clapping.  He does it with such gusto too!  Very purposeful about his claps.  

He had his first round of antibiotics for an ear infection.  He had his first fever that lasted about 5 days stemming from a throat infection.  He was one sick boy.

He traveled to Lake Arrowhead to hang with our friends from Compass for one last hurrah!

And this one is huge..are you ready for this... he stayed overnight without me...twice!!  The first time we left him with his Grammie and Gramps overnight. Then the next weekend I escaped with the ladies from North Coast Church and he had his Papa all to himself for two days! He did great.  I don't think he even missed me and it was easier than I thought it would be.

And finally..the photos.






It is getting so hard to get these photos!  This next series is me trying to get him to look at me, but as you can see so many other things are more interesting.  Like eating the chair of course.




 He has pulled up!


 Are those some delicious legs or what!!

Here we go..start to finish of pulling up!




He is so sweet with his books.  He loves to crawl into the closet and pull them out.




Nope. Not afraid.
 Look, I'll just use one hand!

...and I'll climb all over Papa

 But wait.. he is bigger than me..and can tackle me!!!

Thankful for another month of giggles.