Sunday, January 29, 2012

Cooper John 6 months old


Mr Squishy, as he is often referred to with great admiration, turned half a year old just before Christmas.  This was big for me.  I had been looking forward to six months...just because…well maybe because we always celebrated our half birthdays growing up in the Cooper family.  Not a huge celebration, just an acknowledgement of the day, dinner on the red “You are Special Today” plate and a yummy special treat in our lunches.  Cooper is a little too young for all of the above, but we still celebrated! We gave him avocado!  I know what you’re thinking.  Wow Jenny, pull out all the stops.  But this was huge! Up until that point he had only tasted VERY bland rice cereal.  So avocado was pretty much up there with the chocolate chip cookies I used to get. 



What else has he done at 6 months?  SIT UP!  I was so excited for the half year mark and hoping that he would be able to sit in front of the Christmas tree for a picture. Here it is!  He started sitting up by himself at about 5 ½ months and we couldn’t have been prouder. 



He passed his 6 month check up with flying colors.  Except for one thing…sleeping through the night.  Yep, our boy formed a habit of getting up just once during the night for an extra feeding.  Just like someone else in our house...who I won’t mention...but it isn’t me… So it was time to break that habit.  How? Most of the books say you've got to just let them cry until they fall asleep again.  Not something I was looking forward to.  We made a decision to start letting him cry just after Christmas.  But guess what!  By the grace of God he stopped getting up and started sleeping all through the night.  What a guy, saving his Mama the agony of middle-of-the-night tears.  

And a few pictures of our little man at 6 months old...





The guy is noticing everything now.  Up until this point he never paid attention to the sticker I would put on him for these pictures.  This time he noticed and of course tried to eat it. 




We are crazy in love with you Cooper John.  When those big brown eyes look up at us our hearts swell with amazement that you have been given to us.




No comments: