Friday, May 13, 2011

5 years ago today


Matthew...just waiting


almost


the official symbol of our love and devotion


Mr & Mrs





We couldn't be happier... then and now

I remember on our wedding day experiencing a feeling of excitement for the day we would celebrate 5 years together.  I don't know why.. a milestone I guess...you would think I would just be excited about getting married. And believe me - I was! It just stood out in my mind as a big event and with great anticipation I looked forward to it.  I didn't even think that we would be in the final stretch of our first pregnancy as we reached the 5 year mark, evidence of the Lord blessing us beyond what we could ever hope or imagine.  So we have arrived at the day I looked forward to years ago... and yes it has been all I hoped it would be and more.

We are abundantly blessed and thankful to the Lord for his loving kindness in bringing us together as husband and wife.  We have walked through the fire, shouted good news from the mountain tops, huddled together in the valleys and enjoyed calm waters.  Through it all we clung to each other and our great God and can't believe how He used it all to grow and change us in the past 5 years.

"Then the LORD God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him." Gen 2:18

What a great idea!

4 comments:

Matt said...

You are an incredible blessing to me, Sweet Wife. Thanks for the walk down memory lane. Happy Anniversary!

Danice said...

You two WERE a good idea from the LORD! Loved that day, love you both and can't wait to love on your new little peanut :) Happy Anniversary!!!

Melissa said...

What a wonderful recap sweet sister! We are grateful for God's great idea too :) Love you both!

Ayemi said...

Hey Jenny,

I remember that day, it was a humongous blessing to me, such a palpable feeling of God's grace. You and your sister played such a huge role in my life, helping me understand godly dating/ engagement/ marriage! Thanks!!