Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Funny...all of our wedding pictures are on a couple of CDs in a safe deposit box. I have 5 in iphoto to look at today. Oh well, good thing I remember the day clearly! It was wonderful! I loved everything about it. I soaked in our vows and listened to the singers. I tried to get around to all of the guests and ate from the candy bar. I danced with my Dad, new husband and all of our friends and teared up at my sisters speech.

Thinking about the events of the past 4 years is a little overwhelming. We have changed jobs, traveled to 3 countries and 8 states, moved to Orange County, fought cancer, welcomed a nephew and a whole lot more. What a blessing it has been to be married to Matt. He leads with dignity and strength and loves me with his whole heart. He encourages, exhorts and is so creative with showing his appreciation for me.

We do the traditional gift thing. Fruits and Flowers for year 4. I groaned when I saw it - fruits and flowers for a guy? I ended up with this. It is a botanical print of a gardenia from an antique Botanical Register. It was drawn in May of 1826. Why gardenia? It reminds us of our honeymoon of course!

Matt surprised me with the wreath in Napa made from grape vines, but showed up yesterday with more goodies. See we Poladians have a tradition. NEVER give a gift on the actual day of the occasion. We are always too excited and can't wait to pass on our treasures. So we exchanged gifts yesterday in an effort to keep with tradition. I got the complete set of Julia Childs cookbooks - Mastering the Art of French Cooking and Blood Orange Olive Oil all in a flower box. So fun! Maybe de-boning a duck is in my future?

No comments: