We were able to get away this past weekend to Napa for a little Anniversary trip with Brian and Rachel! We had such a great time. Some highlights and then a link to the pics!
****
Matt and I like to give the gift that matches the year. Year four is fruit/flowers, which seems pretty difficult..right? But not for my husband! He found a company in Napa that makes wreaths and other items out of Grapevines. He called ahead and had a wreath put on the door of the store with a note that said "Happy Anniversary Sweet Wife." I'm not going to lie..my thoughts first went to "That's funny, someone else has a Sweet Wife???"...but I quickly realized it was for me! Totally surprised! It is the coolest wreath and I can't wait to find the perfect spot for it!
****
Food! We ate at the most wonderful restaurants.
Angele. Hurley's. Gott's Roadside. Boon Fly Cafe.
Don't the names just sound so inviting? All weekend long we had great food!
****
Sunday before we were heading home we stopped at Dean and Deluca to pick up lunch items and then set off to find a place to eat. We headed toward the Napa Museum based on a tip from one of the wineries and happened upon a little league baseball game. We took our salami, crackers and cheese and sat in the stands to cheer with the other fans. It was great! Napa v. Santa Clara. What was even better was the walk off 2 run homer at the end!
****
There was so much more..but alas pictures will have to tell the rest.
1 comment:
What a fun trip! I love the yummy eats and beautiful pics. Looking forward to seeing you soon, Cj
Post a Comment