Thursday, November 19, 2009

Birthdays and Bellies

























It is always fun celebrating birthdays! This year was no exception. My Mom and Dad decided to go to Disneyland to culminate another year of life. Melissa and Eric drove down with them, came to Irvine to spend the day with us and then we all met up for dinner at Downtown Disney. I think one of the reasons I anticipate birthdays is because I really enjoy wrapping presents! My love language is gift giving and it extends to the presentation. This was my mom's present this year - a red, black and white theme. Her gift was an adorable red apron and white baking dish from Crate and Barrel. Brown paper is the perfect starting point. From there the ribbon, topper, card make a gift unique. So fun!

Here's to another one Mama! I admire your kind heart, generosity and huge capacity to love. You are a treasure on this side of eternity.

While Melissa and Eric were down here and we were waiting to go to dinner we decided to put my camera to work. We shot photos all afternoon. They were troopers to put up with my lack of knowledge and very complementary of the final products. Anyone out there who could show me a thing or two about a Canon Xsi?? I would love it! I need some major instructing. Never-the-less, we had a great time and there is at least one good one to commemorate Melissa's first pregnancy and the Matthews' first child. We love you Cade and can't wait to meet you. Below are a few of my favorites. I'll let Miss show you the rest.


6 comments:

Chiara said...

LOVE these pictures, Jenny! You definitely have the knack!

Michelle said...

So beautiful! U and ur camera are hired for our next shoot!

Julie Gebhards said...

very cute, Jenny! Good job! Love the creativity! Wish we were closer!

Melissa said...

You did an excellent job Sister! We love the pictures and are so grateful to have them to show Cade how we anticipated his birth. Love you!!

Carly Jean Brannon said...

Jenny! Fabulous photos :) They are so sweet, you did a great job!

Chiara said...

OH, and your sister is due in December!!! She is a natural--no swollen fingers or faces or anything. She looks amazing! I was a mess of swollen misery in both pregnancies by this point!