Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cade Jeffrey Matthews


My sister and Eric planned a big event to reveal the gender of their child. My Mom, Dad, Lucy and I headed over and found the table decorated in blue and pink, giving us no clue as to what "it" was. At each of our places was a baby food jar with pink and blue candy inside. Not really being one for competition, I figured we were going to have to count and I was going to have to win. I can't let my parents beat me after all!
So out poured the candy and as you can see below I had a number of small candies to count. Being totally focused, because that is what winners do, I didn't even think to look at my parents plates to see what they had to count. Well! They had FAR less to count and determined LONG before I did that I was to have a nephew and they would have a grandson. Still, with all the gusto in me, I shouted "It's a boy" just to feel like a winner!

Lucy was undecided and so she sported a yellow bow to demonstrate her love for what ever small child would soon play with her!

The Matthews Family w/Cade pictured :)

They also did a really fun thing to let us know his name. About a week later, they gave us each a hangman game! So fun. So it's a boy and his name is Cade Jeffrey. Love it and Love you cute boy! Can't wait to meet you!



2 comments:

A. DeVandry said...

Cade is an awesome name. Sounds very manly.

Melissa said...

Thanks Aaron! Aww, sister I knew you were so super smart that I had to give you a bigger challenge. Hearing you shout "It's a Boy!" is one of the highlights to this whole pregnancy. I can't wait for you to meet your nephew. He is going to be so blessed by you that I once again am so grateful to the Lord for giving me YOU as my sister!