Sunday, December 7, 2008

What a sight!

You are never going to believe this!  Part of me wishes I had a camera..the other part is glad I didn't.  We were enjoying a great dinner and a little golden spoon for dessert with the Bishops when our time was interrupted by about 150 college students in their UNDERWEAR!  Boys and girls alike! They came running through the shopping center, close to our house and right across the street from campus, shouting and yelling.  A few ran into golden spoon and yelled "Wahoo Undie Run" - which is how we knew what it was and the rest ran through Pete's Coffee. It was definitely a sight.  We were reminded that we live on a college campus in an instant.  The four of us sat dumbfounded at the sight and had a bunch of great laughs after!!

4 comments:

Rach said...

What a memory!
To add to the excitement of the weekend, Brian and I were on our way home from Fashion Island the next night when "what to our wondering eyes should appear"... but Santa in the lane next to us driving a forest green Dodge Caravan! Not a reindeer in sight. We continued next to Santa for some time... "laughing all the way..." and even got a token wave from the somewhat embarrassed and not overly jolly fellow.
You gotta love Irvine! :)

Rach said...

By the way this is Rachel... I named myself "anonymous," so I can post all my negative reviews online. Sorry for any confusion.

Alie Joy said...

Oh my goodness!!! That is too funny!!!! I'm laughing so hard imagining what you saw!!! What a sight to behold!!! All those college kids in their undies!!

Drew & Erica said...

Hi Poladians, nice blog :). Um, is that Irvine? Nice, wholesome, over-achiever Irvine?

Thanks for the laughs!