Monday, November 17, 2008

Arrowhead with the Guties!


We had such a great weekend with the Gutierrez family!  We put on a fire, sipped tea, walked the village, put on a fire, read, watched movies, put on a fire, listed to John MacArthur, played a game and put on a fire.  Yes, the theme of the weekend was a warm, crackling fire.  We had it going all the time and most of our activities were near the fire.  It brought us together!

It is a blessing to be able to get away for a weekend.  Slow life down a little and enjoy the fellowship of good friends. I'm so thankful the Lord has placed them in our lives. 

3 comments:

Danice said...

It's so fun to "get away!" We can't wait for your "get-away-weekend" to OUR HOUSE!!! The greatest destination on the planet! :) Love you!

mrgutie said...

Honestly, it was the ideal trip. I loved watching the movies at night by the fire. Actually, I loved falling asleep during both movies...by the fire. Thank you both so much. I think heaven is going to include the Poladians, Guties, and a nice crackling fire.

Julie Gebhards said...

Wish we were there... we love you guys!