She is sweet and soft. She is feisty and spunky. She is growing and learning. She is standing and falling. She is eating and drinking. She is "talking" and snuggling. She is sleeping and playing. She is teething and drooling. She is dancing and laughing. She is a gift and a treasure.
She is O N E.
I knew the feeling this time.
I was reflecting on Cooper's first birthday and how I anticipated it for so long. Reagan's crept up on me. Kind of sneaky. 2nd child problems.
But the feeling was the same.
It's a sort of mix of emotions. Thankfulness for a year gone by and a happy, healthy baby. A little anxiety that it went too fast. Anticipating a new year with new changes, ones I love, like less naps and conversations. Deep love, I mean so deep. The weight of responsibility in the training that is to come. All wrapped up with a little bit of hope. Ok a lot of hope. Hope in her future and the lady she will become. Hope that the Lord will draw her to Himself. Hope that she will succeed and prosper, whatever that may look like for her. Hope that she will love the Lord and his Word. So much to hope for at the onset of a new year.
I'll admit. It's a struggle to handle all those emotions rightly. Hand over the ones that are wrong thinking, like anxiety (wink wink). Allow the right thinking. Honor the Lord for what He has done in her life. Pray for the unknown ahead. But through it all I just wanted to stop and savor and soak it all up in the days surrounding her birthday. I think I did.
Oh how I love her. Can't get enough of her. Want to squeeze her. All. The. Time
Enjoy the pictures of the celebration in her honor!
August means hot..which means ice cream!
The Birthday Girl!
Praying for Reagan and these sweet girlfriends. I hope they grow old together!
(Photos by the amazing Whitney B Lucas)
----***----
Reagan Jean. We have been graced by your presence and are forever changed. In just one short year you have managed to grip all of our hearts with your charm. The One who made you in His image formed a beautiful girl who will hopefully do great things in this world for His namesake and glory! We have a front row seat and consider ourselves blessed. We are here to cheer you on and pray for you every step of the way. We love you girlfriend!
***Happy Birthday***
I knew the feeling this time.
I was reflecting on Cooper's first birthday and how I anticipated it for so long. Reagan's crept up on me. Kind of sneaky. 2nd child problems.
But the feeling was the same.
It's a sort of mix of emotions. Thankfulness for a year gone by and a happy, healthy baby. A little anxiety that it went too fast. Anticipating a new year with new changes, ones I love, like less naps and conversations. Deep love, I mean so deep. The weight of responsibility in the training that is to come. All wrapped up with a little bit of hope. Ok a lot of hope. Hope in her future and the lady she will become. Hope that the Lord will draw her to Himself. Hope that she will succeed and prosper, whatever that may look like for her. Hope that she will love the Lord and his Word. So much to hope for at the onset of a new year.
I'll admit. It's a struggle to handle all those emotions rightly. Hand over the ones that are wrong thinking, like anxiety (wink wink). Allow the right thinking. Honor the Lord for what He has done in her life. Pray for the unknown ahead. But through it all I just wanted to stop and savor and soak it all up in the days surrounding her birthday. I think I did.
Oh how I love her. Can't get enough of her. Want to squeeze her. All. The. Time
Enjoy the pictures of the celebration in her honor!
August means hot..which means ice cream!
The Birthday Girl!
Praying for Reagan and these sweet girlfriends. I hope they grow old together!
(Photos by the amazing Whitney B Lucas)
----***----
Reagan Jean. We have been graced by your presence and are forever changed. In just one short year you have managed to grip all of our hearts with your charm. The One who made you in His image formed a beautiful girl who will hopefully do great things in this world for His namesake and glory! We have a front row seat and consider ourselves blessed. We are here to cheer you on and pray for you every step of the way. We love you girlfriend!
***Happy Birthday***




















No comments:
Post a Comment