Friday, April 15, 2011

Baby Projects!


Well, here I am at 30 weeks...I know I haven't posted any preggo pictures.  No reason, just haven't.

 A little story before I get to the project. I had been looking for a piece of old, reclaimed wood for a project in my kitchen for months.  We found this really cool lumber yard when we were in Santa Fe for Thanksgiving. I found exactly what I had been looking for and was so excited...until I asked the price.  Can you believe they wanted $500 for a piece of wood?!?!  Well, no amount of smiles and smooches could convince Matt that it was worth it, or myself for that matter.  So plan B.  Kenny and Emily had just taken down a portion of their fence and offered it to us, yes for free, even though they knew what the going rate was. Over Christmas, the Poladians kindly brought me back two fence planks in their ski bag!  Wonder what TSA thought of that? The end of my long story...the fence posts worked out perfectly for my kitchen collage AND I was left with two more piece to use for something fun - all for $0.


I figured a picture was necessary.  Props to my talented uncle for the drawing of the skis.  You should come see it..the detail is amazing!  Thanks Uncle Tom!  Love you!



And now..the baby room project.  We can only do so much to the peanuts room since we don't know what it is.  But this project was quick and gender neutral.  I wanted to use the wood and create a "shelf" for over the changing table/dresser to put diapers, lotion, wipes, etc in.  


Matt always loves when my ideas involve his drill.  Here he is with the famous piece of wood drilling some holes.


And this is our finished project.  We found the rest of the materials at Lowe's.  Two hanging baskets from the garden section and 4 knobs from the hardware section.  The whole thing totaled about $20.  Love it!




Just pictures the dresser with a changing pad and sweet baby laying on it.  I'm thinking to do something fun with the name over the top...once we find out what it is!!  Only 9.5 weeks until my due date :)  

Matt still thinks girl..you?

1 comment:

HollyB said...

yes. i think she is.