Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Group 10 in Arrowhead!

We took our small group to Arrowhead for the weekend last month and had a great time!  We started the weekend off right with this amazing breakfast!  

The Snowballs and the Tafts hit it out of the park with this one!  I don't have the official recipe, but I'll try to explain it.  They took a loaf of Artisan bread from Trader Joe's and cut a hole in the middle.  Then placed the bread in a pan, cracked and egg into it the hole and let it cook - then flip it.  You can also scramble the egg before putting it into the pan.  The egg/bread was put on a baking sheet and topped with a piece of cheese (Swiss I believe).  Baked until the cheese melted.  Put on a plate and topped with a light arugula salad with bacon bits.  DELICIOUS!!




There was a big chunk of ice on the driveway, which was perfect for skating.  Well, not really..but Mac sure did try!


One big happy family!


and we might be a little silly too!


2 comments:

Chiara said...

I am DROOOOLING! This looks so good! I put an egg on a half slice of sandwich thins bread every morning for breakfast, so I love the taste! I am definitely going to have to try this!

Lula M said...

Ok, again, (see comment in latest post) I bought the ingredients for this TODAY but I didn't think of the bacon bites hmmmmm what do I do? It'll have to do I guess.