Wednesday, May 13, 2009

XTerra Trail Run

Last weekend we ran or walked a 14 mile trail through Malibu Creek State Park.  Over the course of the 3 hours and 20 minutes it took me to finish this race I wrote this blog a number of different ways.  They all included lines like "hardest race ever" and "when I reached the top of the MOUNTAIN..." but... I have since scrapped those posts and came up with this one.

I'm so thankful for legs that run and a body that will endure heat and hills for over 3 hours.  2 years ago my body was failing and if my cancer was not caught, by the grace of God, who knows if this would have been a possible event for me to participate in.  We can so easily take for granted the health we have been given and fall into complaining so easily.  Lord, may I always be reminded of your goodness and grace in allowing me to live a healthy life and be crazy enough to sign up for trail races that are too long for me to run.  

Here's to the gang that ran!  Borrowing from the traditional gaelic blessing....

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.


Kurt Gebhards and "Munch Bunch" running him to the finish
The view from the top before the sun came out - those are the clouds :)
The whole gang!

The Beck Family

   

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Thank you for your courageous testimony Sister! What an encouragement and I am so proud of you and Matty for finishing that awful race!

Michelle said...

:) you guys are crazy! But what a blessing that you both have bodies that can endure runs like these. We love you and are so encourgaed by your life!