This is Matt studying on our second day in Mammoth. We hit the slopes for a great day of skiing on Friday and then took the day Saturday for Matt to catch up on his work. He did a great job of focusing despite the many well groomed, snow covered trails that beckoned from just a little ways away.
We shared a cabin with some new and wonderful friends! Here are the girls before a day on the slopes. Matt and I were the only skiers in our cabin, but they welcomed us with open arms anyway.
Here we are! This is the top of the mountain in Mammoth. BEAUTIFUL! I just love being in the mountains. It is a very real reminder to me of how great our God is. He created those peaks behind us and the snow that covers them for us to enjoy and so that His power and glory may be made known.
I love what it says in Romans 1:20 "for since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - his eternal power and divine nature - have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse."
You could certainly sense the presence of God in all of His glory on the top of that mountain. What a privilege to be able to experience it. May we never take for granted the beauty that surrounds us, but instead be reminded of God's invisible qualities being put on display.
Oh yeah, and I know my goggles are huge! Please don't make fun - ok, you can. We have been laughing at them since we were on the slopes. I think I know what will be on the top of my Christmas list. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment